Back to Events
Date: 17th September 2013
Location: Daugirdas Old City Hotel
T. Daugirdo str. 4
44279 Kaunas, Lithuania
Costs: Free of charge
Organiser: Kaunas University of Technology in cooperation with Enterprise Europe Network
Supported by Interreg IVB project TECHNET_NANO
Contact: Egle Fataraite,
On 17th September 2013 about 50 scientists and entrepreneurs from the Baltic Sea region attended the Technet_nano workshop in Kaunas, Lithuania. They discussed the state of the art research and technology transfer in the field of micro- and nanotechnology in advanced sensor technologies and also to promote collaboration between SMEs and research institutions.
Participants were from Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. A number of SMEs was represented as Altechna R&D Ltd., JSC “Brolis Semiconductors”, JSC “Elinta”, Teravil Ltd, Solutions and Handling SH GmbH, JSC “Accel Elektronika”, JSC “Energenas” and JSC “Grida”. They all gave presentations on the activities performed and possible cooperation within the Technet_nano network.
Horst-Günter Rubahn, lead partner of Technet_nano, invited the companies to visit the cleanroom facilities of the project partners. He sees common interests and new collaboration activities.
Host, Sigitas Tamulevičius, project partner from Kaunas University of Technology, presented activities of the Institute of Materials Science. He invited companies to generate common ideas for collaboration which could be realised by employing knowledge and technologies in the newly built cleanrooms. The entrepreneurs showed femtosecond laser applications in sensor technologies (Tadas Kildušis, Altechna R&D Ltd), progress in laser diode technologies for sensing, security and medical applications (Augustinas Vizbaras, JSC “Brolis Semiconductors”), etc. Almantas Danilevičius, the representative from Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, drawed future activities of „Santaka“ valley in cooperation between science and business.
List of presentations:
Asta Pundziene, Vice-Rector for Research, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Presentation of Technet_nano Project
Horst-Guenther Rubahn, Syddansk University, Denmark
- Micro- and nanotechnologies at Institute of Materials Science
Sigitas Tamulevicius, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- In-situ refractive index sensing employing DLC based diffraction grating
Tomas Tamulevicius, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Applied and industrial research in Si Solar Cell Technologies
Algis Galdikas, Applied Research Institute for Prospective Technologies, Lithuania
- Femtosecond Lasers in Manufacturing of IR Sensors
Tadas Kildusis, Altechna R&D Ltd, Lithuania
- Recent progress in Type-I GaSb Mid-infrared Laser Diode Technology for sensing, security and medical applications
Augustinas Vizbaras, JSC "Brolis Semiconductors", Lithuania
- Microbolometer and SiC Sensors for automation application
Qin Wang, Acreo, Sweden
- Future applied electronics in ELINTA Activities
Eugenijus Macikenas, JSC "ELINTA", Lithuania
- IR and Terahertz Range Devices: Technology and applications
Renata Butkute, Center for Physical Sciences and Technology, Lithuana
Gediminas Molis, Teravil Ltd, Lithuania
- Development and implementation of laser microfabrication technologies for business
Paulius Gecys, Center for Physical Sciences and Technology, Lithuania
- Energy aspects of the use of clean rooms
Michael M. Starke, Solutions and Handling SH GmbH, Germany
- Activities of Center of Innovation and Entrepeneurship in "Santaka" Valley
Alamantas Danilevicius, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Technology push or technology pull? How to work with companies?
Linas Eriksonas, Applied Research Institute for Prospective Technologies, Lithuania
- Activities and products of JSC "Accel Electronika"
Gintaras Iskauskas, JSC "Accel Elektronika", Lithuania
- Presentation activities of JSC "Energenas"
Marius Stapulionis, JSC "Energenas", Lithuania
Download agenda here as pdf.
Back to Events